Frequently Asked Questions
Right now this FAQ is uncompleted. Sorry.
¿Why does not YaPiG use SQL databases?
The idea is to do a script that requires minimal server features. Many
servers offer free php service but paid SQL access. Maybe
in the future will be the oportunity of using text and SQL data bases.
¿Why does not use Smarty for templates?
Once again, simplicity. Smarty is very powerful, but requires a 'big' effort
for user to learn it. Yapig's template system is very easy to use and you
can integrate YaPiG in your web with minimal effort thanks to it.
- Permissions Issues
- Most of problems running YaPIG are related to permissions. Remember:
- photos/ directory must have 777 (drwxrwrwx) permissions
- Each gallery directory must have 777 (drwxrwxrwx) permissions
- YaPiG's root directory must have 777 permissions as well.
- YaPiG Excedes execution time
- This is because as default PHP runs its scripts during 30 seconds. After that time, it kills them. You have to edit your php.ini file and modify this value to:
max_execution_time = 300 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
- ¿How does password protect the images?
- YaPiG gallery passowrd system is very insecure because if you know the directory
and the image name you can access directly to the image url with your browser.
Anyway, for personal albums it is enought and if you choose rare/random
image names.In the future, it will be studied by YaPiG developers
team how to improve this security topic.